Canterbury Cricket Trust (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
[If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.]
Privacy and disclosure statement
Canterbury Cricket Trust (CCT) is committed to protecting your privacy.
- CCT is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Privacy Act 1993.
- Your personal information is stored in secure databases.
- Your personal information remains private and confidential to CCT. Without your permission we do not rent, sell, or exchange your personal information.
- Unless we reasonably believe that we are required to do so by law, we will only pass on your information to other organisations where we intend to communicate with you through third parties contracted to supply services to CCT (e.g. mailing houses).
- If you are under 16 years old, we suggest that you ask your parents or guardian before signing up on this site.
Collection of personal information
- CCT collects information about our supporters and website users, including:
- Personal information that you provide voluntarily when registering and completing forms;
- Website usage information through tracking your individual click behaviour; and
- Aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to.
Use of personal information
Your personal information enables us to:
- Process your donations & membership fees accurately and securely;
- Communicate with you on matters relevant to your donation & membership, and from time-to-time provide you with information about CCT that may be of interest to you;
- Improve our website so we can give you a better online experience;
- Provide you with any other services you have requested; and
- Use the information for any other purposes for which you have given us your permission.
Access to your personal information
Please feel free to contact us to talk to us about your personal information or the communication we send you. We are happy to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you. If it is wrong we will correct it.
Giving you control – communication from Canterbury Cricket Trust
From time to time, CCT will send you communications that we feel are appropriate to the nature of your relationship with us, for example: if you make a donation to the improvement of Hagley Oval, you may receive information about future appeals.
We strive to only send email to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future emails from us, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link located at the bottom of our email communications.
Please feel free to contact us in order to manage the communication we send.
Website Privacy and Security
Website tracking and measurement
CCT uses third party website trackers, such as Google, to collect information on how you use our website. These services are used to aggregate website statistics anonymously, such as number of page views, the number of unique visitors, time spent on our site, and to determine advertising effectiveness. On occasion, random short surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users – participation in these surveys will be entirely voluntary.
CCT uses remarketing with Google & Facebook to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show CCT ads on sites across the Internet. CCT and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to the Hagley Oval website.
CCT uses Google Display Network Impression reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager. CCT and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Hagley Oval site.
CCT uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting, including age, gender and interests. This is aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
There are links on this website that take you to other websites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. The operation and content of such third party websites is beyond our control; we do not endorse in any manner whatsoever, or accept any responsibility for, the content or other material that may be contained on such websites, the use of such websites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any such websites. We will not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever, direct or indirect, resulting from any use of this website or any third party website linked to this website, whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.