We thought we could help you get organised for international cricket by presenting a list of what you can and cannot bring to the Hagley Oval.
The following items are permitted in the Venue:
- Sealed plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) containing non-alcoholic beverages for personal consumption.
- Empty plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) to be filled using water provided at the Venue.
- Thermos flasks.
- Small amounts of food intended for personal consumption.
- Soft chilly bags smaller than 20L.
- Deck chairs – to be used in the designated areas only.
*** Deck chairs ***
We have had many calls regarding what deck chairs to bring along to the oval. Firstly, if you are bringing a chair please ensure you arrive early on the day to secure your spot. We will be directing those with ‘directors deck chairs’ to sit at the top of the embankment and those with ‘low beach chairs’ 30 mm above the ground to sit towards the top of the embankment as well.
Please consider others when choosing your chair and where you secure your spot.
No inflatable chairs please.
*Note: Any other item which the Event Management Staff (at their sole discretion) deems to be a prohibited item which may be a danger to, or inconvenience any other patron is prohibited.
Read below for more info:
The following items shall not be permitted in the Venue and will be confiscated:
- Alcohol not purchased at the Venue.
- Hard chilly bins.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Drink containers with broken seals not purchased at the Venue.
- Drink containers larger than 1.5 litre.
- Cans (including aerosol cans), glass bottles and any breakable container.
- Illicit drugs.
- Dangerous items/weapons (including, but not limited to, knives, flares, fireworks and laser pointers).
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters and bicycles.
- Prams and strollers within public seated/embankment areas.
- Umbrellas within public seated/embankment areas.
- Sound amplifying devices including whistles, loudhailers, air horns or similar devices.
- Flags, banners etc that may, at the sole discretion of the Event Management Staff, be considered too large or contain profanity or messages that could be deemed offensive. In all cases flag poles must be limited in length to no more than one hand width wider than the associated flag/banner.
- Photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods, selfie sticks or lenses with a total focal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment. The Event Management Staff will, at their sole discretion, determine whether or not an item is intended for personal or commercial use.
- Any other item which the Event Management Staff (at their sole discretion) deems to be a prohibited item which may be a danger to, or inconvenience any other patron.
For more information please click here.