Gates Open 9am.
If you cannot find the answer please call Vbase on +64 3 339 3599.
Vbase are responsible for running the match and will be able to assist you with your questions.
Thursday 17 November is the start of a huge five days of cricket for Christchurch. The BLACKCAPS take on Pakistan, the number one test team in the world in the first ANZ Test of the tour at the Hagley Oval with the first ball bowled at 11 am. Gates open at 9am.
- The Venue is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted other than in any designated areas. Designated areas may be outside the venue perimeter.
- Intoxicated persons will not be allowed entry.
- There may be a liquor-ban in the area/neighbourhood surrounding the Venue.
Before you head down to the Hagley Oval, there are a few things to think about:
ENTRY TO THE GROUND
Click here for Group Map.
There are two entry points for the public both are on Riccarton Ave, the main one being at the Gate A and the other Gate B. Mobility parking is closest to Gate A.
Join online now for your instant Priority Ticketing code!
If you’d prefer not to join, full-price tickets will go on sale at ticketek.co.nz/blackcaps. Date to be confirmed.
Provided the weather doesn’t bowl us an unplayable delivery, the day will go like this:
Gates Open 9am
First Ball 11 am
Estimated end of day 5:30pm
Limited parking is available on Riccarton Ave and surrounding streets. During international cricket matches no parking available at the Horticultural Hall. We recommend public transport or parking at the Deans Ave Car Park – $5 for the day. Bring cash.
Disability Parking – Is available in the main carpark adjacent to the St Albans Cricket Club rooms. Only vehicles with the appropriate Mobility Pass should park in these areas.
Click here to read more about Parking at the Oval.
- You can bring small amounts of food intended for personal consumption.
- Just remember to use a soft chilly bags smaller than 20L.
- There will also be an array of food concessions at the venue.
- No alcohol can be brought into the game but you can bring soft drinks and water provided they are unopened when you go through security and in plastic containers under 1.5 litres.
- You can bring empty plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) to be filled using water provided at the Venue.
- You can bring a thermos flask.
- No glass or cans.
Please be sure to read our Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Hagley Oval here.
As they create a sight issue for patrons sitting behind, we can’t allow umbrellas into the ground.
We have had many calls regarding what deck chairs to bring along to The Hagley Oval. Firstly, if you are bringing a chair please ensure you arrive early on the day to secure your spot. We will be directing those with ‘directors deck chairs’ to sit at the top of the embankment and those with ‘low beach chairs’ 30 mm above the ground to sit towards the top of the embankment as well.
Please consider others when choosing your chair and where you secure your spot.
No inflatable chairs please.
*Note: Any other item which the Event Management Staff (at their sole discretion) deems to be a prohibited item which may be a danger to, or inconvenience any other patron is prohibited.
If you cannot find the answer please call Vbase on +64 3 339 3599. Vbase are responsible for running the match and will be able to assist you with your questions.