Hagley Oval is located in South Hagley Park – 63 Riccarton Ave. If attending cricket events, parking on the nearby streets may be limited, so we encourage you to arrive early.
How to get to Hagley Oval:
For more information on PARKING AT THE OVAL – Click Here.
Centrally located in Hagley Park with expansive views across the cricket oval and the park, this venue truly is an ‘oasis in the city.’ The central location of Hagley Oval creates ease of travelling. If you are attending cricket at Hagley Oval there is no parking available at the Sir Richard Hadlee Sports Centre. Limited parking is available on Riccarton Ave and surrounding streets.
- There are sealed walking tracks around the outside of South Hagley Park- along Deans Ave Riccarton Ave and Hagley Ave.
- There is also a sealed path that allows a short cut between Deans Ave and Hagley Ave.
- Here is a more detailed map of Hagley Park.
- View Christchurch bus timetable here.
- The closest bus stop to entrance of Hagley Oval is Riccarton Ave (Near Hagley Ave) Bus Stop 17224 Heading West and 17248 Heading East Buses 23, 3, 5, 81, 83, 84, 88
Alternative nearby hop off points:
- Bus Stop 47821 (Opposite Hagley Netball Courts near Grove Road) Buses 4, 7
- Bus Stop 14581 and 14114 (Opposite Hagley Community College near Selwyn Street) Buses 4, 7, 60
- Bus Stop 417575 (Parkside Terminus) Buses 40, 44, 60, 7
- Bus Stop 51254 (Christchurch Women’s Hospital Outpatients) Buses 23, 3, 5, 81, 83, 84, 88
- Bus Stop 17230 (Near Hagley Ave) Buses 23, 3, 5, 81, 83, 84, 88
Taxi drivers in Christchurch will be familiar as to where Hagley Oval is located. Address to give is Hagley Oval, Riccarton Avenue:
TRAVELING TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT:
If you are driving from the airport: (Approximately 14mins, 9.1km)
- Head west on Durrey Road (750m)
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Memorial Ave (600m)
- Follow Memorial Ave- at the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Memorial Ave heading to Fendalton Road (6.9km)
- Continue onto Fendalton Road and turn right a Harper Ave (2.58km)
- Merge onto Deans Ave (500m)
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Riccarton Ave (650m)
- Destination will be on your right.
More information can be found https://maps.google.co.nz