Terms and Conditions of Entry
- The Venue is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted other than in any designated areas. Designated areas may be outside the venue perimeter.
- Intoxicated persons will not be allowed entry.
- There may be a liquor-ban in the area/neighbourhood surrounding the Venue.
The following items are permitted in the Venue:
- Sealed plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) containing non-alcoholic beverages for personal consumption.
- Empty plastic bottles (up to 1.5 litre in size) to be filled using water provided at the Venue.
- Small amounts of food intended for personal consumption.
- Soft chilly bags smaller than 20L.
- Deck chairs – to be used in the designated areas only.
The following items shall not be permitted in the Venue and will be confiscated:
- Alcohol not purchased at the Venue.
- Hard chilly bins.
- Thermos flasks (prohibited item for short form matches but permitted for Test matches)
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Drink containers with broken seals not purchased at the Venue.
- Drink containers larger than 1.5 litre.
- Cans (including aerosol cans), glass bottles and any breakable container.
- Bean bags, inflatable chairs
- Any seats deemed excessively large by Event Management staff.
- Illicit drugs.
- Dangerous items/weapons (including, but not limited to, knives, flares, fireworks and laser pointers).
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters and bicycles.
- Prams and strollers within public seated/embankment areas.
- Umbrellas within public seated/embankment areas.
- Sound amplifying devices including whistles, loudhailers, air horns or similar devices.
- Flags, banners etc that may, at the sole discretion of the Event Management Staff, be considered too large or contain profanity or messages that could be deemed offensive. In all cases flag poles must be limited in length to no more than one hand width wider than the associated flag/banner.
- Photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods, selfie sticks or lenses with a total focal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment. The Event Management Staff will, at their sole discretion, determine whether or not an item is intended for personal or commercial use.
- Any other item which the Event Management Staff (at their sole discretion) deems to be a prohibited item which may be a danger to, or inconvenience any other patron.
PATRON, BAG AND VEHICLE SEARCHES
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to a search prior to being granted entry into the Venue, this may include the use of a handheld security wand. Any refusal to be searched will result in entry to the Venue being denied.
- Patrons and their possessions may also be searched during an event and when leaving the Venue. Any refusal to be searched will result in eviction from the Venue.
- Unauthorised vehicles will not be permitted access to the Venue.
- All authorised vehicles entering and leaving the Venue may be subject to a search. Any refusal to be searched will result in entry to the Venue being denied.
- Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency.
- Where a dress code is indicated on the entry ticket, that dress code must be adhered to.
- No bare feet are permitted.
- No gang patches are permitted.
- No high visibility vests or clothing may be worn.
- No branded clothing may be worn, or brought into the Venue, whether individually or by a group, which the Event Management Staff consider is being worn or carried in an attempt to ambush market at the match.
- In the event of the Patron wearing a costume or other “dress-up” clothing, the clothing shall not be considered obscene or offensive by Event Management Staff nor shall be of such a size that it obstructs any other patron or their view of the match.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
Patrons will be refused entry if:
- They appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs/narcotics.
- They refuse to comply with requests from security and/or gate staff.
- They have no valid entry ticket or accreditation pass.
EVICTION FROM VENUE
Patrons will be requested to leave the Venue during an event if they:
- Are intoxicated, or appear to be becoming intoxicated.
- Are verbally or physically abusive.
- Throw any missile.
- Enter or attempt to enter the field of play at any time either prior, during or after a match.
- Behave in a disorderly or offensive manner, or a manner contrary to public order.
- Attempt to bring a prohibited item into the Venue.
- Breach any part of the terms of these Venue Regulations.
- Engage in any form of unauthorised betting or gambling at or around the Venue or facilitate from within the Venue the conduct of any form of unauthorised betting or gambling whether within or outside any Venue by third parties (in addition to eviction, further sanctions and penalties may apply).
- Engage in, or conduct, any ambush marketing.
- Commit any act deemed a crime in New Zealand Law.
- Any invasion of the playing surface will result in eviction from the Venue, and will, at the sole discretion of Venue Management, result in a trespass notice which will prevent the patron from attending further fixtures at the Venue for a period of up to 2 years.
- All patrons entering the Venue do so at their own risk.
- Hagley Oval is a non-smoking venue. Patrons are asked to exit the ground when wishing to smoke.
- Unauthorised selling of merchandise, advertising or promotional giveaways are prohibited.
- Liquor will not be served to minors and intoxicated persons and no patron may remove liquor from the Venue.
Failure to comply with a direction from Event Management Staff at the Venue, or Police to leave the Venue may render the patron liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of trespass under Section 4 of the Trespass Act 1980, as amended, which is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 months in terms of section 11(a) of the Trespass Act 1980, as amended.